July 19, 2021
The Ghost River Team is thrilled to announce the Canada-US border will officially open on August 9, 2021. Fully vaccinated individuals will be able to cross the border if you meet the Government of Canada’s requirements upon arrival.
Prior to travel & what you will need:
You must have received your two doses, of vaccine 14 days prior to your arrival into Canada.
Canadian authorized brands include Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZenca, or Johnson & Johnson (only one dose required for Johnson & Johnson).
All travelers must use the ArriveCAN App (download on the Google Play or App Store on your smart phone) and fill out your personal information prior to arrival. You will need to show the border guard your completed form on your phone.
You will need to provide proof of vaccination when crossing the border.
Guests of Ghost River Lodges will need to have a negative Covid-19 test done within 72 hours of crossing the Canadian Border. From the time of the test to crossing the border, testing can not exceed 72 hours.
Here is the list of accepted types of covid tests for crossing into Canada.
- PCR – Polymerase chain reaction
- RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
- Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
- Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
- Isothermal amplification
- Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
- Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
- RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
- Ct (cycle threshold)
- Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole-genome sequencing (WGS)
- Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
- Detection of the N gene
- Detection of Orf1a/b
- Detection of the S gene
- Detection of the E gene
- Detection of the RdRp gene
These tests use methods such as a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab, nose swab, or saliva sample.
We are so excited to be opening. Can’t wait to see you! Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tena, Darrell, Chelsea, and Don