Update April 2022
We are wanting to give an update as of today, on what the requirements will be to cross the border. We also want to update you on what is happening at Ghost River and what you will need to do before you come into camp.
Fully vaccinated travellers must meet the following requirements:
- be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and/or Johnson & Johnson (one dose)
- provide COVID-19- related information electronically through the ArriveCAN App(download on the Google Play or App Store on your smartphone) or online at https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html and fill out your personal information up to 72 hours prior to arrival. You will need to show the border guard your completed form on your phone, including proof of vaccination 14 days prior to departing for Canada.
- There are no testing requirements to cross the Canadian land border.
- Fully-vaccinated travellers may still be subject to random testing upon arrival, however, they will not be required to quarantine while awaiting their test results.
- All travellers will continue to be required to submit their mandatory information in the ArriveCAN app 72 hours before their arrival in Canada. Travellers who arrive without completing their ArriveCAN submission may have to test on arrival and quarantine for 14 days, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Make sure your fill out the ArriveCan app
- You can list Ghost river lodges as your quarantine plan location. You can also use a local hotel as well. Either will be acceptable
- You will not be able to bring any bait into Canada. This is a new rule. No worms in bedding and no salted minnows. You will be turned around at the border and you will have to dispose of them and then go back into the line
Ghost River Lodges Customer Updates for 2022
We will be able to provide your bait needs if you want us to. We will need at least 3 weeks notice if you want worms or leeches. We will have minnows in stock as per usual.
We do not sell licences any longer at the lodge, please make sure you buy your licence before you arrive. Please remember that we will credit you back the cost of the 8-day Conservation Licence If you choose this type of licence. The website is www.huntandfishontario.com
We will be providing all bedding once again. You do not need to bring sleeping bags. We have you covered.
There is no mask mandate any longer. You are not required to wear a mask unless you want to.
Our meal plan package will no longer be available. This is a huge change and we didn’t make this decision easily. The meal plan has been cancelled indefinitely. The lodge is a wonderful meeting place and will always remain to be that. Coffee will be on in the lodge, come by for a cup anytime.
We know that this pandemic has been a challenge for everyone, there are no words to describe the last two years. We are excited to see you all and we will do everything we can to make your stay comfortable, safe, and enjoyable.
If you know of anyone who is looking to come fishing, please let them know we are open and we have lots of room in July and August that needs to be filled.
We are so excited to be opening, we can’t wait to see you all!
Tena, Darrell, Chelsea and Don