I hate to say it but here we are again, never in a million years would any of us have thought that we would remain closed into a second season.
Darrell and I (and all our Northern Ontario partners and business owners) have been waiting for official word from our Federal Government with a plan of re-opening our borders. Unfortunately, we have had nothing but this month-to-month plan. Our local government officials meet, through a Zoom call with our neighbours across the border, to try to come up with some sort of plan for reopening and what that may look like. Vaccination certificates will most likely be needed to cross the border. The conversations and feelings that most had were that our borders will remain closed into the summer months, it does not look like May or June fishing will happen. We are hopeful for a midsummer opening but of course, this is not official. Our vaccinations need to get into the arms of our residents, we believe this will be the determination as to when we will see our borders opening. I will add the links I have at the end of this note for you to look at if you are interested.
If you have a reservation in May or June we will need to discuss the options available to you. Booking later in the season or moving to the same dates for 2022 will be the options that we can offer. Your deposits will move forward with your reservations. I will be in touch with each of you regarding these reservations in the next few days.
We can’t wait to see each of you and get back to doing what we love to do. Who could have ever predicated Covid-19 and the devastation it has left behind. We are thankful for the support we have felt from our families and our friends. We are looking forward to better times ahead.
See you all soon.
Sincerest regards,
Tena, Darrell, Chelsea, Don, and our Ghost River crew